Kidney patients should do the following yoga exercises. These are simple exercises that boost kidney function. If you are suffering from a kidney disease, you should start practicing yoga along with your regular medication. The yoga exercises will stimulate your kidneys so they remain in good health.
Here’re yoga exercises for kidney health
Paschimottanasana Yoga For Kidney Disease
It is an ideal asana for kidney patients because it stimulates the kidneys well and improves digestion as well.
- Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out and spine straight
- Lengthen your spine, and slowly fold forward from the hips
- Reach your hands towards your feet, and if possible, hold onto your toes or ankles
- Keep your gaze forward and hold the pose for 30-60 seconds
- To release, slowly come back up to a seated position
It opens the chest and aligns the spine. It also stimulates the kidneys and nervous system.
- Lie on your stomach with your legs joined and your hands directly under your shoulders
- Slowly lift your chest off the ground with the support of your hands firmly placed on the floor
- Keep your elbows close to your body and your forearms parallel to each other
- Press your pubic bone into the ground and lift your chest toward the ceiling
- Hold the pose for 30-60